Sunday, January 14, 2018

Oh Christmas tree

It’s no secret that Christmas music is my favorite- to sing, to dance to, for happy times and sad times... but today was the day when the Christmas tree had to be put away... 

I love the glistening lights, the warmth that it brings in my memories... and although Aiden asked last week if the tree could stay up all year, it was finally time. So as each precious ornament got boxes up, I relived the memory each brought- lots of photos frames, homemade sweet ones from tiny painted hands and toes, gifts from friends and family- all have a story.  The best part of packing up Christmas? Having a reason to finally clean out and organize the garage. Well it’s all done, I’m exhausted, but looking forward to MLK day tomorrow. I have the day off, and the boys did until the school schedule got adjusted after Irma... looking forward to some ME time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment