Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Chilly day

It sure does feel like January here in Naples! Today it must’ve been someplace between the 50s and 60s when I went out to take my walk and by the time we went out to play and explore for the day it was mid 60s… Chilly enough to make me bundle up! It was the last day of shopping and preparation for the wedding this weekend… And I even got some Bible journaling done… Might be one of my new favorite relaxing activities! 
We had a great family lunch at Sweet tomatoes, of course Bennett’s request. And then some time to play this afternoon and even a bike ride all bundled up to the library… The most exciting thing about that library visit was that we found one of Aiden’s sculptures on display in the library lobby. He also discovered that the library has several books on CD to rent… And that is how he spent most of the evening catching up on some Harry Potter...I think he found great joy in listening while reading!

And Bennett decided to be his little independent self and make his own dinner...



Even finding his own spices!

And so proud at the end of the meal!

But I find the greatest joy in his desire to write letters in his new notebooks from Christmas and use his new desk! Growing too fast! 



Yes, it as waaaay past bedtime but how could shut down such great work?!

His thank you note to Santa, and even with a picture of B and Santa, hat and belt included!
Just melts my heart- these little precious notes!

1 comment:

  1. I have a lot of notes from Aaron just like Bennett’s. They remain precious to me. God is so good to bless us!

    ReplyDelete