Wednesday, January 10, 2018

I believe...

I have a desktop sign that sits in my office that reads:
I believe in God because of rainbows!

Simple, yes.
Beautiful, yes.
Innocent, yes.

But I love it for all those reasons- especially when I have an overwhelming, stressful, complicated day- much like today. I found myself about 3pm off-task... as usual... mostly because it’s about that time Dad is in carline picking up my precious cargo from school and I just can’t wait til my phone rings with pick-up pictures, and/or a “daily report” video, and sometimes a hysterical string of random emojis that proves the boys have hijacked my dads phone (yes, Dad loves a good string of emojis but they always make sense and are very specifically selected for the recipient and/or subject matter at hand). It’s also that time of day that I can feel my sugar level drop, my eyelids grow heavy, and I usually end up needing a walk in order to regain focus for the rest of the afternoon. 

So today, as my mind wandered after the boys videos popped through, I glanced at this sweet little sign... it’s actually a pin, round in shape, but not intended for actually wearing since it also has a little stand on the back. I’m not sure, but I think it originally belonged to my sister- I have a fuzzy memory of it sitting on her desk at South Miami Methodist while I was a little girl. It’s got a crayon colored rainbow over the words, and the words are also handwritten in crayon as if a child has written it. I’ve always loved it because it’s so childlike and welcoming. Somehow it’s survived many years and somehow I’ve stolen it and always been on my desk since I started almost 12 years ago!

With all that being said, for as long as I can remember I think about the sentiment each time I see a rainbow. And each time it renews my sense of faith, yes in a very simple, beautiful and innocent way- just like that little sign- but it always makes me smile- on my face and in my heart!

And today I smiled. Extra today. Because this beauty welcomed me home. And even more precious and perfect is that the end of the rainbow lands right at our home. Yes, Gods gift today for me. Yes, I believe in God. Yes, I believe in God because of rainbows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment