Tuesday, January 16, 2018

A new chapter

Well, there’s too many emotions to work though yet, but the fact is, this kid did his first run/walk with me tonight! Just a mile and a half but we did it together!


So strange to have him at my shoulder, instead of in the stroller as he was for years, or on his own wheels as he’s done recently... so strange, yet so natural. And just as naturally as has always happened with my best running partner, (Lisa miss you in these miles!), the road and the sweat create the perfect environment for therapy, for heart to heart confessions, for laughter and tears. It all happened tonight. I wasn’t prepared, but it all happened tonight. 

It is a new chapter- I can’t deal with how I got here yet, but I think it’s ok... because he needs it. My prince is ready for this new chapter, and although I want to fight it, and deny it, he’s right. We both need this, and will do it together! Bring on the new chapter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment