Sunday, January 7, 2018

#KiltsBrewsAndIDos

The most appropriate hashtag for wedding weekend! Punk, Dad, Maus, Scott and Nick in kilts, lots of brews, and the last sibling of the Davidson clan finally said his I Do’s! Such a great weekend in Tallahassee, although too cold, was warmed with love and laughter at the perfect wedding for Punk and Shannon. Precious moments for me included seeing my little brother walk out and whispered back to me, “I love you,” after I whispered to him... then watching Bennett walk down the isle with this sign...
Followed the next sign, “... and she looks amazing!” And she did!


Then getting up to sing as Punk and Shannon shared communion and prayed quietly and sweetly over each other...

Then hearing them both giggle with joy as they walked down the isle together as husband and wife...

Then a great party of dancing! Such joy to be with family from all over- some we haven’t seen since my wedding! All the sibs and cousins, as well as Aunt Judy and Aunt Betsy, Dads cousins Cadwallader’s, and even Kay and Larry Edwards!

The wedding high came crashing down around us after the long drive back to Naples today, and hit Aiden the hardest with sadness and tears that the weekend was done and he didn’t get enough time with Punk! In a funny sort of way, it makes me grateful that we are close enough that Aiden experienced those feelings... and as I talked with him about our family, helped him to understand the importance of our family and grateful that we are as close as we are!





1 comment: