Sunday, January 21, 2018

Monday blues...

Sundays are wonderful and terrible all at once... well not really all at once but more like a roller coaster... some wonderful moments and some not so.

 I wake up early, usually before all my boys, get ready and head out to sing at church with just Aiden on the couch by then... before I head into my first service at NUCC I call home and Aaron and Bennett are just getting up... they get ready for church too, but CUMC church at a different time and a different place. Worlds apart it seems at times. Aaron serves on the Youth leadership team at CUMC and I serve in the choir at NUCC. In the moment, serving with the gifts we’ve been given, we feel blessed. Unfortunately, my moment happen from 9-noon and Aaron’s moment happens from 3-6. Doesn’t leave much time in between for family time. And like today, we end the day going to different directions. Two different attitudes. Two different worlds. 

There are sweet moments hidden during the day, but it’s not really the family day that I need/want/desire at the end of a long week and getting ready to start a new week...

Here’s one of those moments for me and my littles today- a beautiful bike ride enjoying the weather, finally warm enough to not be layered!



Sadly, most Sundays end with Monday blues... Monday is my least favorite day of the week (Saturday my most loved day)... time with my family is my most precious time in life. And I am grateful for the lunch we were able to share as a family... but then different directions we go... I often wonder how long this will last?... how long will we allow this to go on?.... what’s most important here?... why are we doing this?... and  are those reasons the right reasons?!... are these Monday blues really necessary?... 

Oh Monday blues... please leave me alone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment