Sunday, January 2, 2011

home again, home again, jiggity-jog!

to market, to market, to buy a fat pig-
home again, home again, jiggity-jig!
to market, to market, to buy a fat hog-
home again, home again, jiggity-jog!
Funny how much more I learn as a parent myself...Mom and Dad used to say this to us all the time as we pulled into our driveway from some trip or errand. But it was just that line- "home again, home again, jiggity-jog."  And somewhere along the last 2 years with Aiden, I came across the full rhyme and love that it gives me the same warm, homey feeling in my tummy as it did in my childhood.  But best of all is hearing Aiden saying it when he recognizes that we are almost home!  I thought those words almost all the way home from our Orlando trip- knowing that 'home again, home again' meant 'home with Aiden again, home with Aiden again!'

No comments:

Post a Comment